Sunday, January 11, 2009

9 And Counting

So it is nine days until the big Inauguration. Bobby and I need to get out scrapbook together a little bit better and renew our Library Books. We have been reading about the city and learning the historical significance of some of the sights. I think this will be a cool trip, and I hope that Bobby enjoys himself, despite the crowds.

Earlier this week, Earlier this week, I had a massive temper tantrum. I was already pissed that I did not get tickets from Ellison--it's hard to believe that he really gave all of his tickets to people in his District (never had a good experience with him anyway.....) but you would think that there would be one benefit to owning a house in the North.....anyway. I logged onto the blog and tried to get tickets to the parade. Apparently, they were selling 5,000 parade tickets. I sprinted back to my desk after the field trip (see previous post) and huffed to my desk. Logged on and go on the phone line. The tickets sold out in under a minute on Ticketmaster. Apparently, there also will be standing room that’s first come, first served, so Jamillia and I need to decide where we're going to stand.

On the upside, I got a note from Amy K's chief of staff letting me know she got some of Coleman's tickets and will be distributing them by lottery to people who have asked to be placed on a waiting list and who can confirm that they have arrangements to be in Washington on Inauguration Day.

Since I have been trying to buckle down and spend less money, it is sort of (okay, really disapointing) that we have spent so much money on plane tickets and have no plans to speak of. I am sort of bummed out and embarassed to keep telling people that we have plane tickets and no plans. BUT-on the upside, I get to spend the Inauguration with the Ferris ladies, which is outstanding, and Bobby will say that he was there, which is outstanding. And, I have a place to stay downtown, which is amazing. And, on the upside, Senator Klobuchar is hosting an open house reception at her office at the Hart Senate Office Building on January 19--so Bobby will get to see where daddy was a Page. Right?

No comments: